Being Better Humans
Are you human? We are! And we are on a mission to be better humans. Join hosts, Kelly and Kristine as they explore ways to connect, inspire, and empower living better than before because when you know better, you do better.
info_outline 38. Words to Live By |Quotes, Mantras, and other Sayings| 05/13/2022
38. Words to Live By |Quotes, Mantras, and other Sayings| Dear Listener, What words guide you? Favorite quote? Affirmation? Join us to listen to our faves! Being Better Humans, Kelly and Kristine
info_outline 37: The Journey not the Destination 03/11/2022
37: The Journey not the Destination Dear Listener, Thank you for listening to Episode 17: The Journey not the Destination. In this episode we take a look at all that can be missed when our lens is too focused on the final goal instead of enjoying the journey. You'll not be surprised to find that some of our thoughts include: mindfulness, perspective taking, journaling/collecting thoughts, and implementing hobbies and things you enjoy back into your life! As always, we are grateful you have chose to join us, Kelly and Kristine
info_outline 36: Alone Time |Spending Time Alone| Wellness 03/05/2022
36: Alone Time |Spending Time Alone| Wellness Dear Listener, How do you view alone time? Have enough? Not enough? Are you aware of the time alone you currently have? Join us in this episode to shift your view on alone time and learn ways to honor and hold it differently. Ideas: reading, walking, excercising, meal prep, meditation, audio books, working in the yard, other housework, journaling, sightseeing, creative projects Being better together, Kelly and Kristine
info_outline 35. More than a Phone -Part 2- Photos, Videos, Reminders 02/25/2022
35. More than a Phone -Part 2- Photos, Videos, Reminders Dear Listener, We continue this FLIP on phones and how they make us better humans. Today we discuss our use of photo storage, organization, memory keeping, and reminders. Not just screen time and anxiety, no way! This computer for our hands is full of the stuff life is made of... memories! Better Ways for Better Days, Kelly and Kristine
info_outline 34. More Than a Phone | Phones as Productivity| 02/25/2022
34. More Than a Phone | Phones as Productivity| Dear Listener, Today we ask you to FLIP your thinking about screen time. They say we only use 10% of our brains, well what percentage of our phones do we use? Phones are so much more than a nuissance and brain drain. They help us to be better humans! We discuss how phones improve our lives and our productivity. This episode focuses specifically on our use of Notes and Music. Intent on Being Better, Kelly and Kristine
info_outline 33. New Year: Cold Turkey, Gung Ho, Uh Oh |How to approach goals 02/20/2022
33. New Year: Cold Turkey, Gung Ho, Uh Oh |How to approach goals Dear Listener, Do you make resolutions, set annual goals, vision board, manifest? No matter what your approach, we've got a great mindset for you here! We view change making through three lenses: Cold Turkey: no BS, just stop it already! (Easier said than done, but this is tried and true for many.) Gung Ho: the all in appoach, don't think just DO, let's gooooo! Uh Oh: awarness is key, what are your obstacles? Monitor and adjust. Being Better through change, Kelly and Kristine
info_outline 32. You are what you read | Be a Better Human with books| 02/18/2022
32. You are what you read | Be a Better Human with books| Dear Listener, We love books and we love you! This episode glimpses into our lives as (very different) readers. We could talk books all day every day, but instead we limit it to this little podcast! We are also pleased to introduce a new feature of Being Better Humans, in which we encourage charitable actions and awareness of giving opportunities! Giving is a great way to make the world a better place. Our featured organization this quarter is Thank you for bettering yourself with us, Kelly and Kristine
info_outline 30. Small Business EVERYday! Shop small | Buy local | Purchase family owned 11/28/2021
30. Small Business EVERYday! Shop small | Buy local | Purchase family owned Dear Listener, We love small businesses. Not just on Small Business Saturday, but every day! Here we highlight our faves, and hope you are encouraged to be aware of opportunites to shop small everyday, too.
info_outline 31: Motivation by Compassion |be kind to yourself and others| 11/05/2021
31: Motivation by Compassion |be kind to yourself and others| Dear Listener,
info_outline MINI 1: A definition of "SPIES" |Being Better Humans| 08/12/2021
MINI 1: A definition of "SPIES" |Being Better Humans| Hello Dear Listener,
info_outline 26. : Permission to Try Something New |Being Better Humans| 05/27/2021
26. : Permission to Try Something New |Being Better Humans| Get ready to crush a limiting belief. We believe struggle and discomfort are what make us BETTER Humans! This episode encourages giving yourself permission to try something new.
info_outline 25. Season 2, Episode 1: Summer Vibes |Being Better Humans| 05/21/2021
25. Season 2, Episode 1: Summer Vibes |Being Better Humans| How ya' feelin about summer? Today's episode discusses Summer Vibes. Good or bad, summer brings transition and change, so some kind of summer vibes are occurring. Are you feelin' them good or bad? Anxiety or relief about the change in routine? Listen today to hash out your feelings, be proactive about the transition, and shift your thinking! Summer Vibes!
info_outline Episode 24: Reflection 05/07/2021
Episode 24: Reflection Have you missed an episode? Want to see where we've been and what we've done in our first year of podcasting? This is THE episode! As we reflect on the past year of content and creativity, we are grateful for the BETTER humans we have and are continuing to become. Join us for a recap, and maybe even an re-listen. Share this episode with someone you know who strives to be their best. Thank you for joining us.
info_outline Episode 23: Earth Day |Being Better Humans| 04/23/2021
Episode 23: Earth Day |Being Better Humans| Earth Day is everyday! Kelly shares how her journey to being a better Earthling began several years ago, and where she is in her eco-awareness journey today. Listen for a new perspective, a place to start, or just open ears to why thinking about conscious consumerism matters! Happy Earth Day!
info_outline Episode 22: A New Busy |Being Better Humans| 04/09/2021
Episode 22: A New Busy |Being Better Humans| Are you ready for "A New Busy"? As we absorb what the new norm looks like, our lives are picking up pace. Today's episode discusses our feelings about it, what we've added in, and how we intend to counterbalance the busy. Listen today and envision your new version of "busy". Things to ponder: What is your relationship with busy? How are you bringing "busy" back? Where will you invite "busy" into your life again?
info_outline Episode 21: Spring "Keeping" |Being Better Humans| 04/02/2021
Episode 21: Spring "Keeping" |Being Better Humans| Looking for some motivation to Spring Clean? In this episode we discuss "Spring Keeping", where you decide what to KEEP instead of what to get rid of. An excellent reframe that can make the daunting task of freshening up and tidying your space a bit more manageable. Whether you are approaching things, relationships, or your space, this mindset will surely make some decisions easy ones! Happy "Spring Keeping"!
info_outline Episode 20 Part 2: Celebrating the Pan-niversary |Being Better Humans| 03/19/2021
Episode 20 Part 2: Celebrating the Pan-niversary |Being Better Humans| It's our Pan-niversary! One year into a Worldwide Pandemic and we are proof that there is plenty to celebrate!
info_outline Episode 20: Part 1: Pan-niversary: Celebrating the Pandemic |Being Better Humans| 03/13/2021
Episode 20: Part 1: Pan-niversary: Celebrating the Pandemic |Being Better Humans| It's our Pan-niversary! One year into a Worldwide Pandemic and we are proof that there is plenty to celebrate!
info_outline Episode 19: Better Because of... Books! |Being Better Humans| 03/05/2021
Episode 19: Better Because of... Books! |Being Better Humans| This topic is one that unites us, but in very different ways. We LOVE books and could talk for DAYS about what we love about reading and creating a readerly life. Topics that arise for us: reading multiple books at once, "books for your hands" vs. "books for your ears", reading apps (Audible, Libby, Good Reads, building readers, reading as self-care. We also chat about our other passions and businesses: Ubwell (Kristine) and Beyond the Book (Kelly)!
info_outline Episode 18: One Small Step |Being Better Humans| 02/26/2021
Episode 18: One Small Step |Being Better Humans| Small steps to big accomplishments! That's what's up today! Kelly and Kristine discuss strategies and their own experiences with making things manageable one step at a time. Bullet journaling, tiptoeing past fear, The Kaizen Way, habit trackers, and more ideas to making your next move.
info_outline Episode 17: Frugal February and a No Spend November Reflection |Being Better Humans| 02/05/2021
Episode 17: Frugal February and a No Spend November Reflection |Being Better Humans| Kelly and Kristine share commitments to a FRUGAL FEBRUARY and reflect on their efforts from several months ago (No Spend November).
info_outline Episode 16: Organization |Being Better Humans| 01/22/2021
Episode 16: Organization |Being Better Humans| Are you organized? Strive to be? Looking for tips? We've got some! This podcast episode of Being Better Humans features a discussion of our best organization tips and aspirations for the New Year. Intended to inspire and motivate ambitious organization in your life! Be a better (organized) human by listening today!
info_outline Episode 15: Holla' for Hygge (Coziness) |Being Better Humans| 12/21/2020
Episode 15: Holla' for Hygge (Coziness) |Being Better Humans| Hygge (hoo-guh) is a quality of coziness and comfortableness that supports feelings of contentment and well-being. Who doesn't need that in their life! Once you are aware of it, you'll see it everywhere and strive to create more of it! Holla' for Hygge!
info_outline Episode 14: 20 Questions |Being Better Humans| 12/06/2020
Episode 14: 20 Questions |Being Better Humans| Have you seen those silly social media posts that ask random questions? We have? Today we alternate asking questions from random social media surveys just to see where they get us! Some interesting topics arise and we are reminded that you never know everything there is to know about someone. A fun way to reconnect or connect on a different level with your friends and loved ones. Listen to our 20 questions now! Enjoy!
info_outline Episode 13: Small Business Support |Being Better Humans KC| 11/29/2020
Episode 13: Small Business Support |Being Better Humans KC| We love small businesses! Always have, but even more right now. Listen to our faves and then share your own with us on instagram @bbhumanskc!
info_outline Episode 11: Gratitude |Being Better Humans Podcast| 11/06/2020
Episode 11: Gratitude |Being Better Humans Podcast| Expressing gratitudes is a simple way to improve your state of mind and change your outlook. Join Kelly and Kristine in a conversation about what they are grateful for.