09: Mr. Just 2 Nice | Living Life Confident
Release Date: 09/16/2019
Erik shares the changes with the show in the coming month such as a name change. His purpose is to provide you with the tools that are going to help you the most which is why some changes to the show are coming. There will be a new name which will be announced soon.info_outline 051: Dr. Lindsey Marvel | Our Vision Reflects What We See or Don’t See
Dr. Lindsey Marvel, optometrist describes getting into the field which was not widely accepted by her family even though she is a doctor. The focus she had growing up was on sports, especially tennis as she was a highly ranked tennis played that led to a collegiate career and school was secondary.info_outline 050: Not All Financial Education is Created Equally
Erik Smith shares a story of a conversation he recently had with an individual who studied finance and daily trades in the market. It was interesting to find that the individual was not aware of different financial concepts.info_outline 049: Kristi Lee Cronin | Curing Heartache Literally & Figuratively
In this episode of Fitness & Finance, Kristi Lee Cronin, Cardiology Nurse Practitioner shares how she got into the field of nursing and the challenges that came along the way. Her story is inspiring because it shows that persistence pays and we cannot avoid the things that are on our hearts.info_outline 048: Take Advantage of Every Moment in Life
Erik talks about the news of Kobe Bryant’s death and what it means to him and the lessons learned from the tragedy. Unfortunately it takes tragedy to bring people together and appreciate one another as we need to tell people how we feel about them always because we do not know how long we are going to live.info_outline 047: Vee Khuu | Into The Real Estate Lab
In this episode of Fitness & Finance, real estate investor Vee Khuu shares his experiences getting into real estate investing as an immigrant from Vietnam in the midst of the 2008 financial crisis, the benefits of investing out-of-state, tax liens & more.info_outline 046: The Winning Stages-Magic Mirror
Erik shares a story about a mentor of his who shared the stages of why people are successful and also why they fail. Most people become successful and do not know why, which keeps them from having continued success. Others also do not understand why they fail. Erik shares a personal story relating to his health and fitness journey of success and failure.info_outline 045: Aimee Carlson | Terminating the Toxins in Our Lives
In this episode of Fitness & Finance, Aimee Carlson, entrepreneur and host of podcast, The Toxin Terminator, shares how she began her journey of eliminating toxins from her life, some useful first steps you can take today and more.info_outline 044: Taking Action Before It’s Too Late
Erik shares stories that have impacted him in his career, whether good or bad. He discusses a time when he was in a situation with a client and could help them but was not able to.info_outline 043: Jason Priest | Transforming the Dad Bod
In this episode of Fitness & Finance, Jason Priest, Founder of Dad Bod Health and a Registered Nurse, shares how he chose to change his pattern of bad health decisions, how nursing school led to his entrepreneurial journey, the importance of stepping outside your comfort zone and more.info_outline
Malcolm "Mr. Just 2 Nice" Marable talks to your host Erik Smith about thinking about your goals long-term.
- The more you do in life, the more you figure out what you like, until you find your purpose.
- He used his popularity as a college athlete and money he got from financial aid to fund the first version of his business.
- Because his marketing options were limited as an NCAA athlete, he had to rely on word-of-mouth to grow his business.
- When he was moved from running back to corner on his college football team, he had to learn how to approach that with a positive attitude and make the decision to see his goal of graduating through.
- He has always managed to think about how a choice will affect his life in a few hours, a few days, a few weeks, months, years, which has given him a long view and great perspective on how to achieve his goals.
- He noticed that personal trainers he was seeing work didn’t have the knowledge to back their work up, so he decided to read a lot about teaching and fitness to become a personal trainer himself with the goal of teaching people to use their bodies healthily.
- He grew up skinny and has always had a fast metabolism, but you still have to pay attention to what you eat.
- Investing is useful to help build generational wealth.
- Whatever is going on in your life, it is temporary.
3 KEY POINTS:
If you identify what your ultimate goal is, you’ll be better equipped to make choices that align with that goal.
Learning to invest to build wealth is important, especially when you come from a background without a lot of money.
- Think long-term.
“I knew that this is my life, and I can BS because I’m mad at the coach, but at the end of the day this is my life… So once he said give yourself a chance, that’s exactly what I did. I started going hard at corner, and things ended up a lot better for me.” –Mr. Just 2 Nice