Release Date: 12/02/2017
In this podcast I link our ability to let go with our relationship to uncertainty and our sense of self worth.info_outline TRANSFORMING RESISTANCE TO STABILITY
In this podcast I talk about the opportunity inside of feeling resistance. How resistance can be a door opening instead of a door closing.info_outline OUR DIFFICULTIES
In this podcast I talk about two students who are confronting resistance to difficulty. There is irritation in my voice and I took the podcast down, worried they would hear that instead of the passion I have for the pivot point they are in. However, I'm putting it back up largely because my acupuncturist urged me to put it out there saying that it's my job, as a teacher, to be slightly irritating, that it can bring value, movement, and growth in places of stagnation, if students choose to take it that way.info_outline IT'S AN INSIDE JOB
Disease and the Locus of Control:info_outline PROCESS
Our body is our unconscious, any good practice will reveal what is there. When the unconscious comes up to the surface it is an opportunity for healing. We often experience resistance to feeling this stuff and develop strategies to avoid it. We can also develop a process of being in engagement with the encounter and through that, heal and develop a sense of stability that is not dependent on the outer world of circumstances.info_outline CRISIS AS OPPORTUNITY
CRISIS AS OPPORTUNITY:info_outline PAIN AS A BRIDGE
PAIN AS A BRIDGE: WAKING UPinfo_outline A DEPENDABLE STABILITY
In this podcast I talk about developing the strength that makes us consistent, dependable, and gives us integrity as human beings. It is the strength to keep on keeping on. It involves mastery as well as stability. You become like a rock or a mountain. You feel grounded in the world because you are grounded in your own self. The power that comes from this rhythmic existence is a kind of balance, harmony, and wholeness. It gives us the strength to handle both success and failure. We balance our needs.info_outline THE PATH OF THE WARRIOR
Posture, Breath, Science, Emotions, and Being a Fully Human Beinginfo_outline FALL SERIES - TAOIST APPROACH
IN THIS PODCAST:info_outline
Intro to Backbends - Playing With Fire
- Learning to use pain as a pivot point into freedom emotionally and physically.
- Breaking Patterns of Suffering - Opening up to Freedom - How are we using our power? To create more suffering? OR are we using it in really nourishing ways? Ways that are about a life of meaning and purpose that is linked to our true nature? A LIFE OF DEEP HAPPINESS.
- Alter egos to promote freedom to say what you need to say (hehe!)
- Ego eradicator - (what's one more humbling experience?!)
- Playing with fire (physical and emotional pros and cons)
- Developing witness, discernment, and technique for getting into body (about parasympathetic and sympathetic)
- What is a life of deep happiness for you, your nature?
- Yoga Sutra 1.34
- Breaking Patterns
- Using body as bridge - Out of ignorance into "clear perception"
- Story of Banana Tree - About the nature of the Ego
- 5 Things to watch out for - this is the game, excited for their arrival so one can do the work of re-alignment - breaking patterns
- Kindness - a poem from Naomi Shihab Nye
- A guided Relaxation
- Gayatri Mantra