#9 - How To Be The MOST Worshipful Grand Master (Part 1)
Release Date: 09/08/2018
What's it take to be Grand Master?
Well, we asked an ACTUAL Grand Master (and Grand Marshal) exactly that. Their answers, insights, and opinions may surprise you.
The reality is - there's a lot to it.
Many Masons may view the Grand Master as the absolute power and authority of a given Masonic Jurisdiction. Others may view him as a roadblock to progress, or an anchor they must drag on the way to positive change. Some, perhaps new Masons, may even view him as some untouchable, mythical, unicorn-like being atop a glorious, glowing pedestal.
The truth is, it's not quite like any of that.
Most Worshipful Peter Iacobucci and Right Worshipful Gil Fontes are the junior Past Grand Master and Past Grand Marshal of the Grand Lodge of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. They join your hosts Darrell and Bryan on this special two-part adventure to share their story, their journey, and their thoughts.
They discuss how the pivotal situations and choices that brought them to Masonry. We learn about Grand Lodge of Rhode Island's interesting (and perhaps unique) progressive grand officer line. RW Fontes also delves into the real role of a Grand Marshal, and how essential it is to a Grand Master. They share their rare perspective on how a bird's eye view of Masonry compares to Blue Lodge thought processes. And finally, MW Iacobucci shares his perspective on issues facing lodges, and what the role of the Grand Lodge & Grand Master SHOULD be in aiding with those issues (vs. what most Masons think it should be).
What's in this episode:
- MW Peter Iacobucci and RW Gil Fontes, junior Past Grand Master and Past Grand Marshal of The Grand Lodge of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, join us to discuss:
- How they came to Masonry, and their journey through the Grand Line
- How the the progression of officers in the Grand Lodge of Rhode Island works
- The real role of the Grand Marshal
- Taking the big picture view of Masonry vs living on the “blue lodge ground level”
- MW Iacobucci’s perspective on issues facing lodges, and what the role of Grand Lodge & the Grand Master should be vs what most Masons think it is… and what the Grand Master thinks it is.
Connect with Darrell, Bryan, and Worthy & Well Qualified
Support the show by supporting our sponsors!
And check out the "So THIS Is Fitness" podcast at the following links: