Elevate Your Impact
Elevate your impact with this daily podcast provided by shiftmethods.com Be inspired to become a better version of you and destroy the competition in your field.
info_outline (130) The Secret Power of ‘I Don’t Know’. 10/23/2018
(130) The Secret Power of ‘I Don’t Know’. Saying “I don’t know” is a form of surrender AND a byproduct in sales and service, it legitimizes all the things you do know. It is likely the client will think, if he is so willing to tell me he doesn’t know about something, I feel more comfortable with the things he is saying, and he seems to like his is being forthright with me.
info_outline (128) Confession - I don’t like babies 10/19/2018
(128) Confession - I don’t like babies I do not miss having young kids, but I do miss having my kids young. Take five minutes of each day to look at each of your children in the face and see them. Make a memory for yourself and for them. The days are long, but the years are short.
info_outline (122) That must be very painful for you 10/11/2018
(122) That must be very painful for you I must correct a previous episode, I mentioned how impressed with how my daughter Scarlet connected with a grieving family during a loss of a child. Previously I quoted her wrong and although it may seem like a small detail, changing the tense of the words reveals the empathy she had with the family.
info_outline (119) I wear it for you 10/08/2018
(119) I wear it for you In episode 072 I talked about how your wardrobe choice can make such an impact. And now the rest of the story. Every morning, I stand in the closet looking at what I could wear, thinking of who I am meeting with and what they may like.
info_outline (117) Most Offensive 4 letter word 10/04/2018
(117) Most Offensive 4 letter word Making the recording on audible for the book, I was told by the sound engineers ‘you can’t narrate your book. Your voice doesn’t sound right and the listeners are not going to like it.’ Hear the story of how I overcame what appeared to be a legitimate “CAN’T”.
info_outline (113) Why Criticism at Home Kills 09/28/2018
(113) Why Criticism at Home Kills Why is it so much harder to endure criticism and judgment from a loved one than it is from a client or someone you don’t know as well? I believe it is because it is so much easier to not take it personally when you can have empathy for the other person. However, when it is someone close to home, it is easier to have the expectation that ‘you know me better than that’. Let’s try to give the same grace to those close to us as we do clients and strangers.
info_outline (111) Death of the SALESman 09/26/2018
(111) Death of the SALESman There is anarchy in traditional sales. The best selling, most popular, most effective selling techniques of the past are becoming not only irrelevant, but they are also becoming repulsive. When facing a SALESperson, if you feel the slightest hint they are trying to tell, convince, or sell you, subconsciously, if you are like me, you sense the odor of disingenuousness. It is repulsive and leaves some of the greatest traditional minds of ‘Selling’ frustrated, confused, and ineffective.
info_outline (110) She took off - Never bet against her! 09/25/2018
(110) She took off - Never bet against her! Catch yourself believing the best of yourself and others. Hear the story of my daughter Scarlett and her determination to convince us and herself she could not read. Our determination to remind her of what we believed about her was the encouragement she needed to change her outcome.
info_outline (109) That must be Very Painful for you. 09/24/2018
(109) That must be Very Painful for you. When someone has endured and is enduring a tragic loss, what do you say when you don’t know what to say? Hear how my ‘wise beyond her years’ daughter Scarlett spoke words of comfort and empathy to the mother.
info_outline (105) An Assumption You Can’t GO WRONG with... 09/18/2018
(105) An Assumption You Can’t GO WRONG with... I am going to take a risk and make an assumption about you. You may say, ‘You don’t know me! You don’t know what I’ve been through. You don’t know what I have to deal with! … how can you make an assumption about me?’.
info_outline (104) Suffering is Life 09/17/2018
(104) Suffering is Life In life, there is suffering. Aspiration is suffering and Life! As soon as you go to another level, you see a new vision of how infinite the possibilities are, and often, it all becomes too awful to live without the continued pursuit of the next thing. It is a magnificent thing to be awakened to aspire for the rest of our breathing days AND you will encounter suffering anyway, might as well suffer with Purpose.