405 Tim Corcoran | Vision Quest: How To Find Your Place In The Ecology of Life, Purpose Mountain & Spiritual Courage
Release Date: 07/13/2021
Wellness Forceinfo_outline 413 Dr. Stanton Hom | Health Freedom & Freedom Focused Care For All Generations
Every dream, job, profession, school or anything that is tied to the stripping of rights, sovereignty, or freedom has to be questioned at this point. Freedom isn't this pie in the sky thing; freedom is just the base level. It is the literal foundation for every potential dream that you can ever imagine. That's what we are standing in a hard line for today.- Dr. Stanton Hom : A simple and powerful 21 minute system designed to give you more energy to let go of old weight and live life well. | ** Wellness Force Radio Episode 413 When you hear the word, 'freedom,' what...info_outline 412 Amir Reuveny | Sleep Technology: The Secret To Quality vs Quantity
Sleep apnea is one of the most common sleep disorders that exists and one of the most undiagnosed. If you look at the numbers, about 30 million people only in the US suffer from sleep apnea; 80% of them are undiagnosed and untreated so they carry this disease for many, many years and sleep apnea is often referred to as the silent killer. - Amir Reuveny : A simple and powerful 21 minute system designed to give you more energy to let go of old weight and live life well. | ** Wellness Force Radio Episode 412 Founder and CEO of , , shares the top 3 causes of...info_outline 411 Gay Hendricks | The Genius Zone: The Breakthrough Process to End Negative Thinking and Live in True Creativity
Creativity has the capacity to surprise you. If you're washing dishes the same old way for the 365th time this year, there's not much learning going on there but if you shift your attention - let's say you're in a zen monastery and there washing has a different significance; it's about being present with each dish and with the task at hand. Even if washing dishes doesn't seem like a meditative experience, it is in that context. - Gay Hendricks : A simple and powerful 21 minute system designed to give you more energy to let go of old weight and live life well....info_outline 410 Mark Divine | Positive Neurodiversity: Kokoro Spirit, The 5 Mountains For Inner Peace, & How To Fulfill Your Potential
If you're not training yourself, the world is training you. When you do nothing and the world trains you with all of its negativity, fear, and, consumerism - how is that going for you? In comparison, when you take responsibility for training yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you're making steady progress day in and day out, check in with yourself and see the difference. You're going to be a completely different person and we call that transformation. - Mark Divine : A simple and powerful 21 minute system designed to give you more energy to let go...info_outline Solocast | A Victim of Intellectualization & The Wisdom of The Heart
In This Solocast Josh Trent Uncovers:info_outline 409 Erika Kraus | Health Freedom: Medical Cost Sharing & The Unsustainable Squeeze
Look at your costs and be financially responsible because it helps your mental health. It helps your spiritual health. It helps your emotional health. They're all so connected. So, look at your costs rather than opt out and end up in an emergency or bankruptcy that has ripple effects on the next decade of your life. Make proactive decisions and investments in your physical health. Be ready if something happens. - Erika Kraus : A simple and powerful 21 minute system designed to give you more energy to let go of old weight and live life well. | ** ...info_outline 408 Dr. Michael Ruscio | Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Symptoms, & The Truth About Hypothyroid
Have you been misdiagnosed with hypothyroidism? How can you find a clinician that you can truly trust?info_outline 407 Josh Trent | The Art of Masculinity: Changing Your Life's Shoreline, Authoritative Playfulness & Rites of Passage
What is authoritative playfulness and why is it needed now more than ever in our world?info_outline 406 Connor Beaton | Your Pain Has Its Own Intelligence: Shadow Work, Fatherhood & Ending The War of Self
Are you ready to begin the journey towards deep radical healing?info_outline
---> Get The Morning 21 System: A simple and powerful 21 minute system designed to give you more energy to let go of old weight and live life well.
Wellness Force Radio Episode 405
Founder of Purpose Mountain and Co-Director of Twin Eagles Wilderness School, Tim Corcoran, discusses how he guides people like Josh on their Vision Quests, the different rites of passage for each stage of life, how to honor our ancestral path, and the key differences between doing a Vision Quest and psychedelics or Ayahuasca.
Discover how you can be a fully integrated human being again while facing all of the distractions of the modern world.
CURED Nutrition is a movement inspired by nature and grounded in a shared desire to leave a lasting impression on you, our community, and this world. Together, they're a collective of heart-centered human beings who are inviting you – the conscious creatives, dreamers, and healers – to join their family. Learn how CURED hemp and CBD products can enhance your daily wellness routine.
Try Cured's Full Spectrum Raw Hemp Oil Today
They're Colorado-based organically grown hemp products that have been engineered to transform your approach toward an elevated life. Tap into your inherent potential – your greatest mind-body alignment – and nourish it with the supplements you were designed to thrive on. A greater existence is waiting.
Listen To Episode 405 As Tim Corcoran Uncovers:
[1:30] What Is A Vision Quest?
- Save 15% on your Cured Nutrition order with the code 'WELLNESS' at wellnessforce.com/CURED
- Twin Eagles Wilderness School
- Solocast | Vision Quest Part 1: Honoring Our Ancestors
- Solocast | Vision Quest Part 2: Touching Death
- Tim's background and the work he does to lead people on vision quests and other meaningful wellness journeys at Twin Eagles Wilderness School.
- Why do people do a Vision Quest? How does one prepare for it?
- Different types of Vision Quests and how the are structured.
- Myths and truths about Vision Quests
- How many people are able to answer the question, "Why am I here?" after attending a Vision Quest.
- Why Josh decided to do a Vision Quest with the goal of clearing out generational pain and projections passed down to him from family.
- Who a Vision Quest is for and how to know if you are not quite ready for one yet.
- What is the 'voice from soul' and how to listen to it.
- Tim's original life path studying computer science and the moment he knew a life in cubicles was not for him.
[15:30] The Work It Takes To Live Your Purpose
- The work you will have to do to grow in your purpose the moment you "plant its seed."
- Why, to quote Mark Twain, "The two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you know why."
- How Mark is still working, 2 decades later, to continue to fulfill his Vision Quest.
- What struggles people are facing in our modern world when they decide to go on a Vision Quest.
- Why it's not common to see younger people do Vision Quests but often people in their thirties and forties facing midlife crises.
- Breaking down what a Rite of Passage is and what it means to Tim.
- Why Rites of Passage aren't just essential for the individual but to the community as well.
- The benefits of place based cultures to help younger generations discover their roles compared to living in our modern capitalistic world.
[29:30] Beauty & Power in Ceremony
- How we can practically use ceremony and traditions in our own communities and wellness tribes.
- Novah's Baby Blessing ceremony that Josh and Carrie held with close friends and family which included singing the same song, "Peace Like A River" Tim and Josh sung at the sweat lodge during the Vision Quest.
- The powerful medicine in singing including how it improves our sleeping patterns.
- What ancient native practices can teach us about life now.
- Common cultural points he looks for in different tribes and what we can learn from them.
- Why there is so much powerful healing in crying that connect us all and we shouldn't be ashamed of our emotions.
- Redefining what it means to be a man and why it is so needed now in 2021.
[35:00] Rites Of Passage For Each Stage Of Life
- Why opening up and crying is so good for everyone.
- The incredible power of quality connecting with others that we experience even if you only see that person once or twice a year.
- Josh and Carrie's Baby Ceremony as a Rite of Passage for them as parents but also welcoming in the spirit of their child.
- The impact it has on children to not be held by their parents right away when they are born.
- Comparing the spiritual impact of hospital vs home births and holding spiritual ceremonies in the family space.
- How Spirit talks to us in omens, dreams, symbols, signs, and synchronicities.
- Taking a closer look at how our society has been built to disconnect us from self but also harvest and divide us.
- The fact that people are driven to a quest in the first place because they feel disconnected from self, soul, the earth, and the mystery of life.
- How we've been taught society's big lie: We are separate from nature.
- What happens to us when we physically disconnect ourselves from the earth and its wildness.
- The great void that has been in our hearts since we left Mother Nature for the modern lifestyles.
- Josh's experience during the 4-day fast and what Mother Nature wanted to teach him.
- What the Vision Quest gave Josh that Ayahuasca ceremonies couldn't provide him in the past.
- Why the medicine that the Vision Quest helped ground him in the earth.
- The importance of embodying and applying what lessons you learn along the healing journey rather than sprinting from ceremony to ceremony.
[50:50] Vision Quests Vs. Ayahuasca and Psychedelics To Heal
- What it means to Tim to lead people on Vision Quests and hear the stories of participants like Josh.
- Unpacking the attachment theory and applying it to our relationship with the earth.
- Why we need to have a secure attachment to our soul in order to fully experience life.
- The power of realizing that first and foremost, our identity stems from this earth.
- What the first nights of the 4 day fast were like for Josh as he had the most frightening nightmares.
- The blending of the dream world and the waking world that people will experience as they reconnect with Mother Earth.
- Why some people can be more harmed and wounded after a psychedelic experience than they were before.
- The fact that there's a time and a place for healing ourselves with natural remedies but we also have to look at modern methods that fit our lifestyles today.
- How Josh's Vision Quest is shaping Wellness Force's rebranding and mission in 2021.
- What steps we can do to live consciously with technology while unlocking greater health and wellness.
[1:11:30] Honoring Our Ancestral Past
- Why many people see a Vision Quest as a Native American practice but it has been practiced cross culturally for centuries.
- His and Mark's hope to redefine the term Vision Quest to honor all cultures and our ancestors who have practiced it.
- How years of colonialism, capitalism have severed our connection to Mother Earth.
- Connecting our past and the moment in our ancestral history when our families immigrated in order to survive and live a better life.
- How Josh explored grief during this Vision Quest by asking himself what grief and sadness he was not allowing himself to feel.
- Why Josh and his partner, Carrie, have chosen the middle name, Mauro, for their son to honor Josh's grandfather and his ancestral heritage.
- Exploring the healing mechanism that happens when we honor our grief and sadness including that of our ancestors.
- Why the worst part of trauma is not the trauma itself but how we hold onto it and internalize it that we traumatize ourselves over and over.
- The intense grief that Tim felt when he realized that full community healing happens after 500 years.
[1:32:30] The Difference Between Pain & Suffering
- Why there are easier paths to learn from our pain but there is no quick fix.
- Breaking down why suffering = pain x resistance.
- Painful but power truths including "pain is inevitable" and "when we argue with reality, we're going to lose."
- The fact that you are not the only one going through pain and trauma; we all are experiencing that on one level of another.
- Exploring the positive side to pain if we are opening to hold and explore that.
- The negative beliefs passed down to Josh from his parents and how he internalized them until a Vision Quest helped him begin to let them go.
- Why 'hurt people' unknowlying hurt other people.
- How to uncover your own spiritual courage during the inner work and which tools can support you on your journey.
- Why the earth will serve us when we serve it.
- The importance of giving yourself to the land and your community; not self-actualization.
- Paleovalley - Save 15% on your ACV Complex with the code 'JOSH'
Power Quotes From The Show
"What does it mean to be a man? I define masculinity as emotional maturity in a very simple way: It's the ability to be aware of, accept, and express the full range of emotions that we have in a healthy way. In fact, that can be a reasonable definition for emotional intelligence in general for all genders. It can be hard to open up; we're still swimming in these waters of programmed behavior of hiding our feelings. But once we do begin to share, others feel more comfortable opening up as well." - Tim Corcoran
The Antidote To Unhealthy Desire
"What happens to us as human beings when we do physically disconnect ourselves from the earth and its wildness, and ourselves from our wildness? Then we start getting sick in body, we start losing our wellness, and our minds start to struggle. We start to have mental health issues that we never had before as we cut ourselves off emotionally and spiritually. Then we wonder why we struggle. Each year the machine just picks up more and more pace, more and more technology and it's like there's a great void in our hearts that came about when we first left our natural roots and the whole time we've been looking to fill that with things like a car or a job but it can never fill us up. We can never get enough of what we truly don't need. So, what is the antidote to desire? It's connection." - Tim Corcoran
Are You Ready For A Vision Quest?
Links From Today's Show
- 378 Dr. Michael Ruscio
- Aubrey Marcus Podcast | #195 Humans and Nature with Tim Corcoran
- Paleovalley - Save 15% on your ACV Complex with the code 'JOSH'
- Leave Wellness Force a review on iTunes
- M21 Wellness Guide
- Twin Eagles Wilderness School
About Tim Corcoran
Tim Corcoran is the founder of Purpose Mountain, where he serves as a certified Nature Based Purpose Guide to support people who hear the call from wild nature to discover their purpose, those with a burning desire to live their vision and a willingness to work with resistance and fears through the Ecology of Self and Voice Dialogue.
Tim also serves as co-Director of Twin Eagles Wilderness School, an organization he co-founded with his wife, Jeannine Tidwell, in Sandpoint, Idaho in 2005 dedicated to facilitating deep nature connection mentoring, cultural restoration, and inner tracking.
Tim is a leader of men’s groups and holistic rites of passage for males, guiding and initiating men and boys into the new paradigm of the mature masculine.
Helping People Find Their Purpose
Since 1999, Tim has dedicated his life towards consciously furthering this vision of living in balance with the Earth, community, family, self, spirit and soul.
Healing the cultural rift between the mainstream and indigenous cultures, transformational consciousness work, the spiritual journey, ancestral work, deep nature connection, family and holistic health are all deep commitments in his life.
Tim is a heart centered father of two brilliant boys and husband to a magnificent wife, and lives in pristine Sandpoint, Idaho.
Build Immunity. Breathe Deeply.
A simple, powerful 21 minute morning system designed to give you more energy to let go of old weight and live life well.
*6 science based morning practices guaranteed to give you more energy and less weight in 21 Minutes.
*7 day guided B.R.E.A.T.H.E breathwork included.