156 Adam Markel: The Art & Science of Self-Reinvention
Release Date: 12/29/2017
Author, Educator, Founder of PAX Programs, and Creator of the widely acclaimed Understanding Men and Understanding Women transformational online series, Alison Armstrong, unpacks the core differences between women and men, explains The Tunnel concept that we sometimes face on our way to self-actualization, what the hunting-operating mode actually is and why women can find it confusing plus what sex actually means for men and women on both biological and psychological levels.info_outline 363 Ami Brannon: Vagus Nerve Stimulation For Less Anxiety
What is your first reaction to experiencing stress? How do you unwind?info_outline 362 Zach Bush MD: Saving The Soil, Saving Humanity
How can you become a soil health advocate to help heal Mother Nature and save humanity?info_outline 361 Luke Storey: Relationships, Consciousness, & Coming Home To Yourself
What can help you let go of lower-level emotions during the COVID-19 lockdown?info_outline 360 Tina Anderson | Gut Health: The New Probiotic Strain That Changes Everything
With so many choices out there, which probiotic should be on all of our radars?info_outline 359 Shawn Wells: Ingredients For Healing, Self Love, & Mental Health
Can we all be a little bit more conscious, listen, and see what all of us have in common to truly come together in 2020?info_outline 358 Dr. Belisa Vranich: Breathing For Warriors
Are you breathing right?info_outline 357 Robb Wolf | Sacred Cow: The Case for (Better) Meat
Best Selling author of The Paleo Solution and Wired To Eat, host of The Healthy Rebellion Radio, Robb Wolf, returns to Wellness Force to discuss his new book and film, Sacred Cow: The Case for (Better) Meat, the unintended consequences of changing nature's cycle from agriculture to COVID-19, how COVID-19 has impacted the meat industry, how to make food more affordable plus reduce healthcare costs, and how grazing animals and regenerative farms can help change the world including reverse climate change.info_outline 356 Greg Schmaus | Ancient Secrets: Healing OCD & Boosting Mental Health
Which holistic health practices can help you heal the mind and overcome any of the four most common addictions?info_outline 355 Josh Macin: How To Detox Yourself From A Toxic World
Do you feel sluggish, anxious, unmotivated, tired, or weak all the time? Discover the mental and emotional process of detoxification.info_outline
If you wake up in the morning and say to yourself, 'I love my life,' Then your conditioned mind will, unconsciously or consciously, look for evidence to prove that your life is worth loving. - Adam Markel
How can a person love themselves if they've never been taught how to do it?
20% OFF ORGANIFI - USE CODE: WELLNESSFORCE
Discover how to reinvent the way you unconditionally love and accept yourself so that you can express that same gratitude to others.
In Wellness Force Radio episode 156, International Speaker, Entrepreneur, Attorney, CEO, Transformational Leader, Podcast Host of the The Conscious PIVOT Podcast and Best Selling Author of several books including Pivot: The Art and Science of Reinventing Your Career and Life, Adam Markel shares how you can grow and thrive in your relationships through the The 7 Pillars of Ultimate Relationships:
- Hold Space
- Base Camp
- Rules for Engagement
By the end of this episode, you'll be ready to become more intimate with yourself so that you be more present in life and your relationships.
Pivot by Adam Markel
The successful CEO of the internationally renowned Peak Potentials—who has trained thousands of people to find new jobs, careers, and directions—shares his practical and inspirational program for reinventing yourself, whether you are out of work or want to change your professional trajectory.
What would you do in your life if you knew you could not fail?
That’s the question answered in Pivot, a roadmap for embracing your true potential without abandoning your responsibilities or risking your future. As a transformational teacher and the CEO of Peak Potentials, which has trained more than one million people worldwide, Adam Markel can help you leap out of your comfort zone and into the destiny you’ve always dreamed of.
Whether you are transitioning your career, or have been downsized, or believe that your true potential has yet to be fully tapped, Pivot is a guide to reinvention for anyone, at any age. With clear-eyed compassion and frank assessments, Adam shares the secrets that will guide you away from fear and toward a powerful new vision for your life. The uplifting stories, introspective prompts, clear step-by-step exercises, and energizing calls to action throughout this remarkable book will guide you through the process of personal and career transformation, from creating a vision and clearing space for change to building a supportive environment and establishing daily rituals that will regenerate your soul.
Success and personal fulfillment are within reach! Program your internal GPS to a destination of your wildest imagination—all it takes to change your path is one right turn.
Listen To Episode 156 As Adam Markel Uncovers:
- The 7 Pillars of Ultimate Relationships.
- What does it mean to be fully present in the moment?
- Why he pivoted from a career as a law attorney to become a transformational speaker and author.
- What you can do to seek out loving evidence to prove that you lead a great life and why that's a vital part of self-love rituals.
- How you can re-program your thoughts around self-love to see yourself as being complete.
- What you should do before going over the 7 Pillars including spending more time with yourself.
- Getting rid of old software and baggage by letting go so that you can grow into the 7 Pillars by loving yourself more.
- How you can change your mind, habits, and approach to making decisions.
- Why intimacy also means showing up for your partner in the relationship.
- The reality that someone else cannot 'complete' you. The only one who can is yourself.
- Why #MeToo is triggering, but important in how it relates to the 3rd Pillar of being able to hold space.
- The difference between men holding space and women holding space.
- How technology is getting in the way of your relationships in this digital age.
- Connecting relationships through technology while also not letting it get in the way.
- The rules for engaging in conflict with someone and how we can have a healthy dispute.
- Why you should be truthful and authentic in all aspects of communication in the relationship including dirty, little secrets.
Power Quotes From The Show
"I'm in the 'moment' when I'm unconditionally present. By that, I have a string of several moments put together in which I feel unconditional acceptance and love. That could be acceptance of someone else, of a situation, or of myself. However, if I'm not experiencing unconditional acceptance and love of myself, then I cannot give it to others." - Adam Markel
"We're not taught how to love ourselves and there's no manual to follow to understand what unconditional self-love looks like. So, we become programmed to see ourselves as either incomplete or unworthy based on how we're judged or observing different examples." - Adam Markel
"Intimacy isn't really about the sensual part of the relationship. It's actually about you being vulnerable and feeling comfortable with your true, authentic self. Too many people believe that a relationship will fix them and make them feel whole. We cannot put that burden on someone else; it's our own responsibility to make ourselves feel complete." - Adam Markel
"We express gratitude as a part of our family rituals, to each other, and as much as possible every day. As far as I know, it's the highest form of spiritual practice and it's a blessing to experience that in my relationship with my wife." - Adam Markel
"The things that you try to hide are the thorns in the relationship. When you try to control or sedate them, you begin walking on eggshells to try to avoid the pain. However, pain is a part of life; it's just another thing in the universe. If the pain controls you, then how can you be present when you're trying to avoid it?" - Adam Markel
Links From Today's Show:
- Adam Markel
- Pivot: The Art and Science of Reinventing Your Career and Life by Adam Markel
- Success from the Heart by Adam Markel
- The Conscious PIVOT Podcast with Adam Markel
- The Conscious PIVOT Podcast - Resilience & Wellness Intelligence with Josh Trent – Show #29
- RiseUp: The Movie
- Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Gary Vaynercheck
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- The Presence Process by Michael Brown
- WFR #046 - Dr. John Gray
- WFR #087 - Bonnie Kelly
- WFR #129 - Gretchen Rubin
About Adam Markel
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
---> REVIEW THE PODCAST
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
---> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.