Service Business Mastery - Business Tips and Strategies for the Service Industry
Service business mastery is a podcast that helps business owners and managers succeed in business by sharing tips on leadership, marketing, financials, pricing, HR and much more.
info_outline 474. Real Life Experience of Selling One Business & Starting Another w John Stoj 10/14/2020
474. Real Life Experience of Selling One Business & Starting Another w John Stoj John Stoj is likely the only Investment Advisor you've ever met who has managed both $3.5 billion and a sushi kitchen. John’scareer in finance began on a Wall Street trading floor over twenty-five years ago, with stops at investment & commercial banks, money managers, and even his own hedge fund, and this has uniquely prepared him to see the financial services industry for what it is: flush with companies and professionals far more focused on their own best interests than their customers'. John believes sincerely that, done well and delivered fairly, good financial advice is more valuable than its cost and worth buying. Unfortunately, through his experience, he knows that banks, broker-dealers, insurance companies, etc. do not have their customers’ best interests in mind – they have theirs in mind. On top of that, John brings to the table experience opening, running, and selling a small foodservice business. Nothing breaks you out from the shackles of Wall Street than small business owners on Main Street. John enjoys sharing his stories and advice from Wall Street, small business ownership, and (did we mention?) what it’s like to be married to an extremely successful doctor. Connect with John here or _____________ Affiliate Links here! Click these to help support the channel and Tersh! Virtual Reality Service Tech Training - Shure mic like Tersh uses - Podium
info_outline 473. Should You Ever Stop And Reset Your Business 10/07/2020
473. Should You Ever Stop And Reset Your Business Tersh speaks with Wayne Herring about resetting and creating a 90-day plan of goals you want to accomplish! They also speak about the coaching organization Wayne has, called Business Builder Camp and you can learn more by visiting You get some free goodies for visiting his website!! Podium is one of our major supporters! Click this link to learn about them, and show them that you value them supporting the podcast!
info_outline 472. How To Grow Your Service Business w Speed And Accuracy w Mike Agugliaro 09/30/2020
472. How To Grow Your Service Business w Speed And Accuracy w Mike Agugliaro Tersh talks with Mike A about what it takes to successfully grow a business to $32 million a year in revenue. Mike is a #businesscoach who has years of experience to back up everything he is #coaching. #ceowarrior is one of the fastest-growing #servicebusiness coaching organizations in the country, and Mike shares some free coaching advice here! Sign up to attend classes with us here ______________________________________________ Affiliate Links here! Click these to help support the channel and Tersh! Virtual Reality Service Tech Training - Shure mic like Tersh uses - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ For a copy of the full transcription, visit our website --
info_outline 471. Setting Goals For Your Business And How To Reach Them w Sharon Cully 09/30/2020
471. Setting Goals For Your Business And How To Reach Them w Sharon Cully Today's show deals entrepreneurs who, with big growth goals, realize there’s a substantial gap between where they are now and where they want to be. Sharon Cully, owner and founder of Simply Processes, knows the best way to close that gap is through a clear, robust vision and well-crafted processes all with the right level of focus. Over the course of 15+ years managing teams and leading projects in blue-chip FMCG companies (including Coca-Cola, Diageo, and GlaxoSmithKline), Sharon has successfully employed best practices and process improvement methods to increase performance and minimize inventory/operating costs, all while meeting customer objectives. She’s learned what it takes for large companies to succeed and grow, and that ongoing, recurring problems can kill business growth. Sharon founded Simply Processes as a way to utilize her corporate experience to help smaller entrepreneurial companies gain control over their business processes, ultimately making more money while also freeing up the owner’s time, giving them more choices – to grow or sell their business, or simply work less. She works with entrepreneurs who have already been successful but are now feeling stuck, helping them scale to the next level by working with their teams to put systems and processes in place. Clear, documented tasks and responsibilities, along with successful automation and delegation, ensure that everyone delivers consistently outstanding results. Big growth goals require big transformation, and many entrepreneurs worry that their employees will resist the change. Sharon has extensive experience helping large groups successfully navigate change and uses tried-and-true strategies to help employees transition and adopt new ways of working. Sharon Cully is the owner and founder of Simply Processes, where she helps entrepreneurs find the time they need to grow their business, make more money, and create more freedom. With 15+ years of experience working with leading global brands like Coca-Cola, Diageo, and GlaxoSmithKline, Sharon has successfully helped companies around the world to increase performance and minimize costs, all while meeting customer objectives. She founded Simply Processes as a way to utilize her experience to help entrepreneurs who have been successful but are now feeling stuck, scale up to the next level by gaining control of their business processes. Welcome to the show, Sharon! CONNECT WITH SHARON www.simplyprocesses.com/
info_outline 470. Should We Invest In IRA When We Are Already Investing In Our Businesses w Terry White 09/30/2020
470. Should We Invest In IRA When We Are Already Investing In Our Businesses w Terry White Tersh talks with Terry White, President & CEO of Sunwest Trust. He has been working in the real estate & investment world for 35+ years, and he’s got the expertise to prove it. After graduating with a degree in Accounting and working as a controller for a local title company, Terry launched a small escrow company, which quickly gained a reputation for being honest, hardworking, and fair. In 2003, Terry took his success a step further and formed Sunwest Trust, Inc. Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Sunwest Trust, Inc. was founded on the principle of offering clients real-world solutions to all of their self-directed IRA and escrow management needs. Today, Sunwest Trust, together with Sunwest Escrow, serves its clients as both escrow agents and IRA custodians for Individual Retirement Accounts. Terry has led Sunwest Trust with one goal: to provide outstanding service to each and every client by listening to them and learning exactly what they want. His passion lies in educating investors to build their own self-directed IRA’s, customized to fit their needs and financial goals. When he’s not in the office, Terry enjoys fly fishing, biking, traveling with his wife, and spending time in Colorado. Connect with Tersh or on social media @tershblissett CONNECT WITH TERRY email@example.com Check out this summary of Terry's book titled "When All You Have Is A Hammer...: An Informational Guide To Self-Directed IRAs": “If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” Bernard Baruch, American Businessman As a young man, Terry White worked as a framer for his dad’s construction company. He used a big, heavy framing ax to pound 16-penny nails into 2 x 4s. An astute observer, he noticed that the finish carpenters on the site used a delicate, little hammer for their work of installing woodwork, window sills, and molding. The tool Terry used for his work was not the right tool for the job of a finish carpenter, nor did he have the skill to become a finish carpenter; he recognized that and took the lesson with him into adulthood. With that story in mind, Terry chose the title for this book to position the Self-Directed IRA as another tool you may use to achieve your retirement goals. It is his opinion that Self-Directed IRAs are not for everyone; but for the right person, a Self-Directed IRA may be just the right tool for the job. Self-Directed IRAs are great tools if you have the knowledge and skills about that in which you are investing, or want to acquire the knowledge and skills about that in which you want to invest; or are able to hire someone with the knowledge and skills about that in which you want to invest. Terry wrote this book as an informational guide for those who may be interested in Self-Directed IRAs. Readers will gain a broad overview of what owners of Self-Directed IRAs may expect and some of the investments they may purchase.
info_outline 469. How To Hire A Part Time Sales Manager Who Can Also Work Remote 09/23/2020
469. How To Hire A Part Time Sales Manager Who Can Also Work Remote Rene Zamora is a remote sales manager and shares some awesome information here about how to run a sales department and how we get out of our own minds as a salesperson who isn't great at sales! Tersh talks with Rene about his own experiences and they figure out how to help him become a better salesman for his business. Learn more about Rene and his business at
info_outline 468. How To Structure Your Service Business To Scale From $1M to $10 Million 09/23/2020
468. How To Structure Your Service Business To Scale From $1M to $10 Million Tersh talks with Dirk van Reenen about structuring service businesses, and what we oftentimes miss when it comes to planning the growth process. Businesses often times will hit a ceiling or wall after they have already begun the process of rapid growth. This oftentimes happens due to not training the proper people in leadership before placing them in a role that requires a leader! What part does Dirk find is most commonly missing from the businesses that are struggling the most? It is the Human System! A Human System can be defined as a small group of people who simply come together for a common cause or thought. Once the Human System is built within your business, it's growth is unstoppable! We talk about the three divisions that are required in the BERGflow system: Services Division Operations Division Growth Division Dirk explains that once the business has 4 key individuals, it is able to operate successfully! These four individuals are listed here: The CEO, The Service Division Leader, The Operation Division Leader, and The Growth Division Leader. Listen to today's episode to learn more about how to scale your HVAC services, HVAC installation, HVAC maintenance, and HVAC replacement business! Learn more from Dirk and his team by visiting their website Learn more about Tersh by visiting or by connecting with him on social media @tershblissett
info_outline 467. Where Would The World Be If We All Gave Back A Little?! 09/16/2020
467. Where Would The World Be If We All Gave Back A Little?! Tersh has the great pleasure to speak with Mike Eriksen of Bluon about their latest product that is making waves within the HVAC industry! The Bluon App of course!! Oh, and the other little product, R-458A, that is making systems operate more efficiently and is a direct replacement for refrigerant 22! Check out the way we train our service tech by using Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 466. How To Increase Your Sales By 300% 09/09/2020
466. How To Increase Your Sales By 300% What is your personality code, and how do you use it to communicate better? Michelle LaFrance talks with us about the 4 different types, and how we can better sell to those who have a personality type that is different from our own! Here is a quick list of the personality types: B-lueprint - these people like structure, loyalty, trust, and they are reserved individuals. A-ction - get things done quickly! They also enjoy the VIP treatment. N-urturing - value relationships, they want to know that you and your business is helping others. K-nowledge - Logical, expertise, connect the dots. These are the thinkers of the group! #bankcode Learn more from Michelle and get your free test here Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 465. How To Use Technology To Free Up Time In Your Business 09/02/2020
465. How To Use Technology To Free Up Time In Your Business Mary Lent with ThermoGRID came on today's show to share with Tersh several ways in which we can use technology such as ThermoGRID to free up time within our day.
info_outline 464. How To Grow Your Business Without Sucking At It 08/26/2020
464. How To Grow Your Business Without Sucking At It Tersh speaks with Claire Chandler about growing his business at a rapid speed without collapsing due to the speed of his growth. They also speak about Claire's book called "The Whirlpool Effect"... btw, the back story of the book's naming is enough of a golden nugget that it could have been the entire episode's interview topic! Working with many diverse startups and corporations over the last 25 years, Claire experienced that most companies fall apart once they start to scale. As a solution to this business timebomb, she created the ’Whirlpool Effect’ - a revolutionary way to align your leaders and teams around a unifying vision that attracts, retains and motivates the right talent to achieve your mission. Claire’s simple yet powerful process is helping many companies find and fix bottlenecks that are choking their business performance so they can rapidly scale without the growing pains. It's time to grow into the leader your people can't wait to follow. Check out the impressive list of topics Claire's book covers: Stop bleeding talent (and why it has little to do with the hiring process) Scale without losing your intimate company culture Remove the invisible wall between your HR and Leadership team Bottle up your founder’s personality so it stays alive during company growth Become a magnetic leader by implementing the ‘FLOW’ process Stop acting like a startup and expand without falling apart Learn more from Claire by visiting Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 463. What is The Future of Refrigerants in the US w Daikin Applied 08/19/2020
463. What is The Future of Refrigerants in the US w Daikin Applied What is the future of the current refrigerants in the HVAC industry?! Today we talk with the team at Daikin Applied about their goals and what would be a great new product that could potentially hit the market if passed by the US government. We talk about the massive benefits that come along with this new refrigerant as well! Huge shout out to Susan & PJ for coming on the show and for everything they are doing to help improve our industry!! Check out Interplay Learning Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 462. How to Develop A Strong Mentor Mentee Relationship w Kevin Harris 08/12/2020
462. How to Develop A Strong Mentor Mentee Relationship w Kevin Harris In today's episode, we talk about writing our own obituary! While this may sound like it outside of the normal box of thinking, it is something that is very normal when it comes time to give away your time as a Mentor to someone else. Kevin Harris of Radical Mentoring speaks with us today about what we should do if we are asking to be someone else's mentor, and how we should act as someone who is a Mentee. Learn more from Kevin and his group of leaders by visiting their website There is a ton of amazing free resources on their website, and they will help guide you along the path of mentorship! Good luck! Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 461. The Four Sets of Mindsets That Will Make You Successful 08/05/2020
461. The Four Sets of Mindsets That Will Make You Successful Before listening to today's episode, take a moment to It only takes 5 mins and gives you a ton of helpful feedback! While listening to today's episode, follow along to learn more on how you can improve your own personal mindset! If you'd like to learn more from Ryan, If you are trying to operate your business as successful as possible, then you must know and understand the mindset of your team. A great leader understands their teams' mindset, but also understand their own mindset and how to improve them both! Learn more about Ryan ! Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 460. What Do I Do If The IRS Contacts Me? 07/30/2020
460. What Do I Do If The IRS Contacts Me? Tersh talks with Ben Golden on the last day of 2020 to file your taxes (or at least file for an extension)! They talk about what you should do if you are ever contacted by the IRS for any reason at all! Ben has spent years working in around bookkeeping, accounting, and the IRS, so this made for an extremely interesting conversation! We got to talk all about some wild stories that Ben has experienced, so listen closely to ensure you don't become one of these future stories! But if you do find yourself in a pickle, reach out to Ben and his team here and tell them that Tersh sent ya... Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 459. Two Mistakes You Make In Marketing As A Service Business 07/29/2020
459. Two Mistakes You Make In Marketing As A Service Business Tersh talks with Jarod about two mistakes that we make as service business owners, and how we can avoid them in the future! There are some massive value bombs in here for sure!!! Plus, plan on playing this episode a few times to catch all of the helpful hints and tips!! Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 458. Book Your Service Call Online w Schedule Engine 07/22/2020
458. Book Your Service Call Online w Schedule Engine When we millennials want to schedule a service call, what is the very LAST thing we want to do?!? It's pick up the phone to ACTUALLY USE IT TO CALL SOMEONE!!!! lol, and this is where Schedule Engine really shines! Using Schedule Engine can take a one-man team and set their website on the next level to compete with the "big boy's" in your industry!!
info_outline 457. What Do You Fix Next In Your Business? 07/15/2020
457. What Do You Fix Next In Your Business? Tersh talks with Mike the Motor Bike about what you should fix next in your business and how to develop a strategy to stay on track with fixing the next problem/challenge that is stopping you from growing! Mike is one of my most favoritest people in the world, and this interview shows it! I hope you enjoy it, and please reach out if you have any questions at all about what you should fix next! Oh, by the way...I, Tersh, am a "Fix This Next" advisor, so please feel free to reach out to me if I can help you in any way!!
info_outline 456. Who Really Knows Where To Speed Your Marketing Dollars? 07/08/2020
456. Who Really Knows Where To Speed Your Marketing Dollars? Tersh talks with Thom Johnson about where is the best place to spend your money when it comes to marketing, and how you will receive the best "bang for the buck" when you are spending that money!
info_outline 455 Don't Let Your Feelings Hold You Back in Business 07/01/2020
455 Don't Let Your Feelings Hold You Back in Business How will holding a grudge hold you back in business?!? Derek Stone is going to share his experience with us!! Check out here!! You know that you love that and swag!! Check them out!!
info_outline 454 - How to Crowd Source Training Your Service Techs w Aaron Salow of XOi Technologies 05/27/2020
454 - How to Crowd Source Training Your Service Techs w Aaron Salow of XOi Technologies Aaron talks with Tersh about how XOi Technologies is transforming the world, and how we can use the knowledge from others to help train our techs! Learn more at or reach out to Aaron at
info_outline 453 - Removing The Snake Oil from Indoor Air Quality w AprilAire 05/27/2020
453 - Removing The Snake Oil from Indoor Air Quality w AprilAire Marc Marchillo & Tom Rusin from Aprilaire joins Tersh on Service Business Mastery Podcast to debunk myths about indoor air quality while also helping us to better understand just how simple this product can add more money to your bottom line while providing you with happier clients! Learn more from the guys at Aprilaire by visiting their site
info_outline 452 - Who Shaped Tersh At A Young Age w Bruce Wiseman of BDR 05/20/2020
452 - Who Shaped Tersh At A Young Age w Bruce Wiseman of BDR Tersh talks with Bruce Wiseman of BDR (Business Development Resources) about creating a business plan as a service based company! You do NOT want to miss this episode! They also talk about some extremely interesting situations that helped to mold Tersh into the person he is today! Learn more from Bruce by visiting their website or send him an email Learn more about Tersh by connecting on social @tershblissett
info_outline 451- How To Earn A Referral Without Even Asking w Stacey Brown Randall 05/13/2020
451- How To Earn A Referral Without Even Asking w Stacey Brown Randall Stacey Brown Randall is a member of the business failure club, a contrarian on how to generate referrals and a supporter of the entrepreneurial dream. Through her programs, she provides a roadmap to take control of your business. Stacey is a three-time entrepreneur, author of Generating Business Referrals…Without Asking, and host of the Roadmap To Grow Your Business podcast. Stacey has taught her “no asking” referral generation strategy to hundreds and hundreds of clients and audiences. Her clients include well-known corporations and franchises such as Bank of America, Liberty Mutual, Mass Mutual, International Minute Press, LearningRX and Real Living Real Estate but her focus is on small business owners and solopreneurs like Carroll Financial, O’Connor Insurance Associates, HM Properties, Milazzo Webb Law Firm, Farris Cooke CPA, Carolina Business Coach, Slater Interiors, Rae Images, and hundreds more. Stacey received her Master’s in Organizational Communication and is married with three kids, a 10-year-old son, an 8-year-old daughter and she and her husband are raising their 11-year-old nephew.
info_outline 450 - Knowing Your 3 Avatars w Joshua Dick 05/06/2020
450 - Knowing Your 3 Avatars w Joshua Dick Joshua Dick explains who our target audience is in today's episode of the Service Business Mastery Podcast. They also share about Joshua's book "Grow Like A Lobster, Plan And Prepare For Extraordinary Business Results," while also sharing their own life experiences and how they have helped shape their businesses.
info_outline 449 - Book the Digital Leads That Are Coming In To You 04/29/2020
449 - Book the Digital Leads That Are Coming In To You Adam talks with Tersh about his new innovative way of getting leads books quickly so that you don't miss one from your lead source provider! Check out the CRM Tersh Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 448 - How To Wow Your Clients & Create Life Long Clientele 04/22/2020
448 - How To Wow Your Clients & Create Life Long Clientele Tersh talks about service after the sale with Derek LoVerde of To Your Success. They talk about how the attention given to clients before and after selling them our services can create clients who will use you for their entire lives! Check out Check out the CRM Tersh Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 447: Day to Day Life w SBM Family During This Pandemic 04/15/2020
447: Day to Day Life w SBM Family During This Pandemic Tersh talks with three of his four children about how life has been since they have been sent home from school. They talk about homeschooling and running a business remotely while still staying sane. Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 446 - How I Operate My Business Anywhere In The World 04/08/2020
446 - How I Operate My Business Anywhere In The World Stephen Christopher, the founder of WIT Digital, came on the show today to interview Tersh about how he is able to run Service Emperor, an HVAC, plumbing, and electrical service business, from anywhere in the world! Tersh explains how he is about to keep culture up, continue training techs, and maintaining inventory! All of this while still being able to watch over the traditional office staff all day too! Here is a shortlist of items discussed in today's show: Managing CSR's & Dispatchers Maintaining a strong culture while staying virtual Training both service techs and office staff without physically being together Inventory control Call board & how to remote dispatch techs Pros & Cons of being remote & virtual What they do with their trash! Follow Tersh more on social media @tershblissett and Service Emperor @serviceemperor & Use the CRM Tersh uses Connect with Steven - , Service Business Mastery Podcast
info_outline 445 Having Women Join The Trades 04/01/2020
445 Having Women Join The Trades Today's episode we talk with Ken Midgett about the growth of the trades and what he is doing to get lady's to join the trades. We also talk about ways we can continue to market to clients, and how to think outside of the box. Learn more about the CRM Tersh is using by Service Business Mastery Podcast